Workforce Command Center
On February 19, 2019, Governor Tom Wolf signed Executive Order 2019-02, creating the Keystone Economic Development and Workforce Command Center.
The Command Center brings an innovative approach to addressing the critical issue of training qualified workers for the jobs Pennsylvania companies need to fill.
By bringing commonwealth, labor, and business leaders together in one setting on a weekly basis, the Command Center creates an opportunity to address real-time workforce issues with real-time solutions. The Command Center will also further expand the ongoing collaboration occurring between state agencies, as well as between the administration and the private sector.
The Command Center serves as an incubator for innovative ideas to build a skilled workforce and address worker shortages. Specifically, the Command Center has four main responsibilities:
- Identifying impediments to employment and develop proposals and recommendations to minimize barriers, modernize the workforce, and improve the business climate in Pennsylvania.
- Identifying successful models from the public and private sectors that address workers’ needs for access to a broad range of supports.
- Developing workforce and economic development goals and tracking implementation of those goals.
- Monitoring implementation of policies and initiatives related to workforce development.
The Command Center is a public private partnership led by an executive committee of three private organizations and three members of the Governor’s Cabinet. Members of the executive committee include:
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
- Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development
- Pennsylvania Department of State
- Pennsylvania American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO)
- Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry
- Team Pennsylvania Foundation
The Command Center also has representation from:
- The Office of the Auditor General
- The State Workforce Development Board
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Pennsylvania Department of Corrections
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
Inquiries about the Keystone Economic Development and Workforce Command Center may be directed to the Department of Community and Economic Development at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the latest news about Governor Wolf’s workforce development initiatives in Pennsylvania.